Here are the key points on the repayment plan:
- the residential eviction ban will be lifted before September 1 (which means full rent will be due in September)
- late payments during the emergency period aren’t considered cause for eviction and a tenant can’t be evicted for unpaid rent during the emergency unless they have defaulted on their repayment plan,
- tenants who have fallen behind in their rent will have until July 2021 to pay it back, as long as they make monthly installments (landlords can’t charge late fees),
- the first installment will be due 30 days from when the landlord presents the repayment plan – probably October 1 for most tenants, and
- landlords and tenants can still negotiate additional terms, as needed.
- no rent increases can take effect until December 1, 2020, and
- landlords to have the ability to restrict access to common spaces for COVID-19-related health reasons.
Post Your Comment: