Ottawa, ON, January 15, 2018 – Statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), show national home sales continued to climb in December 2017.
- National home sales rose 4.5% from November to December.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was up 4.1% year-over-year (y-o-y).
- The number of newly listed homes climbed 3.3% from November to December.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) in December was up 9.1% y-o-y.
- The national average sale price advanced by 5.7% y-o-y.
Home sales via Canadian MLS® Systems posted their fifth consecutive monthly increase in December 2017, fully recovering from the slump last summer.
Activity in December was up in close to 60% of all local markets, led by the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Edmonton, Calgary, the Fraser Valley, Vancouver Island, Hamilton-Burlington and Winnipeg.
Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was up 4.1% from December 2016. While activity remained below year-ago levels in the GTA, the...