Ottawa, ON, May 15, 2017 – According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales declined in April 2017.
- National home sales fell 1.7% from March to April.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity in April was down 7.5% from a year earlier.
- The number of newly listed homes jumped 10% from March to April.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) was up 19.8% year-over-year (y-o-y) in April 2017.
- The national average sale price rose 10.4% y-o-y in April.
April sales were down from the previous month in close to two-thirds of all local markets, led by the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and offset by gains in Greater Vancouver and the Fraser Valley.
Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was down 7.5% year-over-year, with declines in close to 70% of all local markets. Sales were down most in the Lower Mainland of British...