Ottawa, ON, April 13, 2018 – Statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) show national home sales edged higher from February to March 2018.
- National home sales inched up 1.3% from February to March.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was down 22.7% from last year’s all-time March record.
- The number of newly listed homes rose 3.3% from February to March.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) in March was up 4.6% year-over-year (y-o-y).
- The national average sale price declined by 10.4% y-o-y in March.
Home sales via Canadian MLS® Systems edged up 1.3 % from February to March 2018. Despite having improved marginally in March, national sales activity in the first quarter slid to the lowest quarterly level since the first quarter of 2014.
March sales were up from the previous month in over half of all local housing markets, led by Ottawa and Montreal. Monthly sales gains were offset by declines in B.C.’s Lower Mainland,...