Ottawa, ON, August 15, 2016 – According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales declined for a third consecutive month in July 2016.
- National home sales fell 1.3% from June to July.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity came in 2.9% below July 2015.
- The number of newly listed homes rose 1.2% from June to July.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 14.3% year-over-year in July.
- The national average sale price climbed 9.9% in July from one year ago; net of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and Greater Vancouver, it advanced 7% year-over-year.
The number of homes trading hands via Canadian MLS® Systems fell by 1.3 percent month-over-month in July 2016. With similar monthly declines having been posted in May and June, national sales activity in July came in 3.9 percent below the record set in April 2016.
Sales activity was down from the previous month in slightly more than half of all markets in July, led...